For the first time this week, I'm alone in the house, apart from Leo the Labradoodle, currently sulking because he had to have a bath after rolling in something revolting. I haven't told him yet it's his anti-flea treatment day too, which he's also not keen on. Everyone but me has had the flu (man flu of course). As a registered carer, my GP gives me a free flu jab so I have managed to avoid it. This is just as well as I'm flat out preparing for the main launch of DysNet, the new network for people affected by limb differences for which I'm PR & Community Manager.
And so, exhausted, I bring you my weekly round up of recommended special needs stories and blogs that I've seen this week. It just remains to say a huge thanks to all who voted for me in the BritMums awards, because I'm now going to have to find a nice frock as SNJ has been chosen as a finalist!
- CYP Now: SEN legislation ‘built on quicksand'
- Ambitious About Autism: Take our survey on how children and young people with autism use the internet
- Autism Mumma: A pick-me-up for today from AutismMumma (Jeannette)
- SEN Green Paper: Ministerial "Detailed response" expected next week wp.me/pe7oZ-kc
- Kids with Mystery Developmental Delays & Congenital Abnormalities Diagnosed By Next Generation Sequencing ow.ly/aOFxb#rarediseases
- NASEN: Queen's speech - nasen response about children with SEN
- Yorkshire Evening Post: Apserger teenager’s school help - from pet dog
- A Boy with Asperger's: The Panic Attack
- Special Needs Jungle: Home educating a child with special needs
- New Scientist: Kinect cameras watch for autism
- Special Needs Jungle a FINALIST in the BritMums Blogging Awards!
- Irish Times: Major delay in assessing disabled children in Ireland
- Contact A Family: End the Care Crisis for disabled people
- Special Needs Jungle: Helping your special needs child - a mother's story
- The Thinking Person's Guide to Autism: Turning Lives Around Through Supported Living
- The Guardian: Gary Numan … My family values"Gemma spotted my Asperger's straight away
- TES: SENtenced to failure? - Ofsted accuses schools of using SEN as a cover for poor teaching.
- Kat's Cafe: Join the Autism Awareness in Action Campaign Today!
- This is Bristol: Autism strategy launched for consultation
- SFARI: Clinical research: Autism development follows distinct paths
- Jane Danzi: My blog post for this weeks theme - Pets.
- Jessica Minahan, Huff Post: Anxiety: The Hidden Disability That Affects One in Eight Children
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- SEND National Crisis: Marching for our disabled children’s future - April 11, 2019
- Parents warn Ofsted it’s missing chances to boost inclusion - April 8, 2019
- SEND inspections: what do Ofsted and CQC inspectors really think? - April 4, 2019